Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weary and Exhausted

This is the second weekend in a row that I have hardly been able to get out of bed. My Crohn's Disease is doing a number on me right now. It frustrates me but there is not a lot I can do about it. I have to remind myself sometimes that this is normal for me. When I am feeling really down and out, I usually go to some websites and read about others with Crohn's. It just reaffirms that I am not losing my mind and others are experiencing the same thing.

From www.myheartties.com

Your Crohn's Disease Will Combine With Stress to Give You Fatigue

When you combine Crohn's Disease and stress, you get periods of fatigue. All of us with the disease go through it. It is a very important issue in our lives. People with Crohn's Disease often feel a weariness and an exhaustion, especially when we have a flare up. But even when we don’t have a flare up, our body is still fighting a war against the disease. It is in combat and that combat takes a lot of energy.

Well, it is taking a lot of energy alright! I have slept most of the weekend. And, not by choice. My joints hurt, my stomach hurts, and I can't stop the chills. Ugh!

I really want to be up doing things. Hadrian has wanted to go to the mall all weekend. But, she has totally given up on me! : ( The whole weekend has pretty much been a wash.

We are hoping for better days!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Becky,

I had no idea that you had Crohn's. Is it okay if I request prayer for you from my Tuesday morning Bible Study group? This group of ladies are great prayer warriors.

Cindy

Amy said...

Hi,
You don't know me, but I'm Sarah's aunt (really, the aunt of her husband Adam). I have ulcerative colitis, so I understand that sick and weak feeling. This time of year has always been worst for me. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you, and I hope you are flare free soon. - amy

Sarah said...

I'm praying for you and sending you well wishes. Take it easy and don't overdo it.

Love you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky -

Just wanted to let you know you're remembered in my thoughts & prayers; thanks for your openness and sharing what you're experiencing. This was a symptom of Crohn's I hadn't been aware of (I did look it up after you first mentioned your condition). With all your energy and projects, this must be particularly challenging to you!

May the rest of 2009 find few, if there must be any, other times of such weariness, and may you find yourself in receipt of special blessings along the way.

Leah Adams said...

Becky,

Don't know if you remember me or not. Leah Colwell from Blairsville. My parents are Wayne and Barbara Colwell. Cindy is part of our Tuesday morning ladies Bible study and she asked us to pray for you and your battle with Chron's yesterday. Know that I will be praying for you. I hope your family is doing well.

Come over to visit me at my blog, The Point.