Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gypsy Rose Lynn

Once I moved out of my Grayson apartment  in August, I officially declared myself a gypsy. I have to admit that it was a bit scary pulling out of the apartment complex in a moving truck with no clear direction for my future.  I felt like a pioneer heading out to find my frontier . . . looking for the way to improve my life.   A dear friend of mine gave me the name "Gypsy Rose Lynn."  For the past two months, I have lived the gypsy life . . . just going where life has taken me.  I can't tell you how many text messages I have received recently that have started with "so where are you today?" 

I have been spending time with mom in Blairsville, with Haley and Austin in Warner Robins, with Hadrian in Americus, and with Hannah and my sister/brother-in-law in Snellville. I have been praying for over a year now about where to start over when the time came to start over. When my nest became empty, I knew that I was headed somewhere . . . I just didn't know where. I knew I had to be patient and just let things unfold. Oh, how hard it was to sit back and trust that everything would be okay when there was no clear plan . . . at least I had no idea what the plan was.  But, God is revealing it now that it is time.

I spent some time with my mom and explored the possibilities of moving back home to Blairsville and living with her. I really enjoyed my time there, and it felt so right being back home. And, when I was staying in Warner Robins, it felt so right being there as well.  Time with the kids is always great. While I was enjoying a lot of time to myself and exploring my options, I was feeling more confused than ever . . . where should I go?  where should I live?  what should I do?  My heart felt really torn between going back to Blairsville since mom is alone now OR going to Warner Robins where there is better opportunity to rebuild my life.  All I could do was talk to God and put it all in His hands.  And wait.

In these tough economic times, I knew finding a job could be a challenge. I started applying for jobs in the north Georgia mountain area and also in the Macon/Warner Robins area.  A lot of people have been praying for me to find a job . . . and not just any job.  I needed to find a job with a company that could offer me a career opportunity with excellent benefits.  Being single, and needing health insurance, I feel that right now the benefits are actually more important than the pay.

Well, after two months of gypsy life, I finally found the opportunity that I was looking for.  I have accepted a job with Geico in Macon. Geico is the largest employer in Macon, and they are known to be a great company to work for.  They have the best benefits out there! And, they have me on a career path that I feel is promising for advancement and future compensation.  So, Macon, it is!  The prayers worked!  Thank you very much to all who prayed about this!  I feel very blessed to be offered this position.

I knew that once the job was in place, the rest will hopefully follow.  The first big piece of the puzzle has been solved.  And, I am living with Haley and Austin for now . . . until I feel ready to get a place of my own OR until they kick me out . . . whichever happens first.  ;)


GEICO
Where I Will Now Be Spending Most of My Time

So, I guess my gypsy life will be coming to an end.  It was short-lived, but Gypsy Rose Lynn is settling into a new life in Warner Robins.  And, I will settle into my working life in Macon (about a 30 minute drive to Geico).



I guess it is official now that I have changed the license plate.  I am now a resident of Houston County!

4 comments:

Anna Ruth Flagg said...

GOD bless you in your new life, Becky. How exciting! So happy about your job. I like Macon, too...not too big or small, pretty and southern, near your children...GOD is good.
Anna Ruth Flagg (Tucker)

Lycia said...

I am so glad that you were able to take the time to figure out where you were supposed to be. We just have to keep the faith that we will end up where we are needed the most. So happy for you Becky. Good luck on your new adventure of recreating YOU!

Cindy said...

Yay, so glad you got the job! Praying for you and your new adventure! I will be in Warner Robins on December 3, Leah will be speaking. Maybe we can see you!

Blessings,

Cindy

Leah Adams said...

Yay!! So glad you are beginning the settling in process. I hope we get to see you when Cindy and I are in Warner Robins December 3rd.